Do you have what it takes to overcome adversity? Take the following quiz from my book Hustle While You Wait
Take The “Bounce Back” QuizWhat would you do when others shoot down your ideas?
- Consider the other person’s perspective.
- Question yourself and wonder if you have what it takes.
- Get mad and maybe get even.
- Go into a rage and become a “drama queen/king.”
- Self-medicate to calm down.
- Become embolden and try again, keeping your emotions in check.
- Become disenchanted, shout a few expletives and pout all day.
- Refuse to try again because you’re still mad.
- Realize “life happens” and start again.
- Feel that your world has collapsed.
- Say it is their loss.
- Shrug it off and say, “This too shall pass.”
By the way, there are no right or wrong answers, just degrees of human response. These answers are designed to get you to think...
- How do you react to situations,
- What can you do to be more proactive?
If you chose the least proactive answer, all is not lost. At times, you get a bad break, are “tried in the fire" and learn from the experience.
You can still emerge better than ever. That’s the resilient mind.
Wishing you much success and happiness!
Read my blogs on Mental Toughness