In Part 1 of this series I reviewed 55 ways you can get better sleep. This is an area of deep interest for me because getting a good night's sleep is among the most important, yet one of the hardest things to accomplish every day. According to the National Sleep Foundation many of have trouble sleeping and most Americans experience sleep problems of one type or another.
There a variety of reasons why. In this blog I review 16 common "sleep enemies."
Short "Snippets" on Sleep
Save time and effort!
Many of these activities have been konw to cause sleep problems:
- Erratic sleeping schedule
- Caffeinated beverages or food
- Alcohol too close to bedtime
- Heavy meals before bedtime
- Too cold or too warm - temperatures outside range of 65-75 degrees F
- Health problems / Pain / Allergies
- Bright lights from phones, laptops and other electronic equipment
- Human or animal activity – noise from scratching, snoring and/or movement
- Uncomfortable bed or bedding
- Lack of sunshine
- Room’s not dark enough
- Too many liquids
- Stressful thoughts
* NOTE: Please consult your doctor or medical professional before trying these approaches, especially if your insomnia persists.
Keep these in mind as you get ready to sleep tonight. Take charge of these enemies and get some sleep. Wishing you much success and a good night's rest!
Read my blogs on Sleep
Download Short "Snippets" on Sleep - 4 to 5 minutes each!
DOWNLOAD A GUIDE TO BETTER SLEEP
To hear a full interview join the LBJ CLUB
"Getting Better Sleep"