This blog is a sequel to Part 1, where I explored the hidden art and hidden truths in flirting. In Part 2, I will cover the subtle flirty actions of men.
Flirting is a subtle sexual language that can be hard to detect. A skillful flirter is as sly as a fox. He masterfully uses many techniques unbeknownst to his lover. The skillful flirter is too sophisticated to make ogle eyes or drool to signal his interest. He relies on his peripheral vision, creativity, intellect and the proximity to his target to make his moves. These actions happen in a flash. They take microseconds to execute. Don't blink or you may miss the gestures and signs. They are hidden in plain sight. If you don't know what to look for, they will go unnoticed.
If you suspect your man has a wandering eye, be on the lookout for these signs:
Signs of a man's "wandering eye"
- "Over the top" helpfulness and kindness
- Tries too hard to make the object of his attention laugh or smile
- Gazes and looks away, as if he doesn't want to be caught staring
- Looks over your head or behind your back to get a glimpse
- Mirrors his target's gestures
- Flashes or talks about money
- Fixes his clothing
- Positions his torso in his target's direction
- Tilts his head while talking to her
- Smiles inappropriately
- Tries too hard to have a witty conversation
- Stares into her eyes with intensity
- Appears nervous and uncomfortable
- Bursts into nervous laughter
- Casually touches her body while talking (arm, shoulder, back, etc.)
- Asks too many personal questions
- Blushes in his target's presence
- His eyebrows are raised and pupils are widen
- Stares in her direction but pretends to be focusing on something else
- Brings a glass or eating utensil close to his mouth to hide the fact he is looking at her
- Starts an argument with you so he can move closer to her
- Walks unnecessarily in her direction.
- Pretends to be listening to you while playing close attention to his target
- Sweats more than usual
- Hooks his hands on his pockets and around waist area
- Makes excuses to move closer to the object
- Touches or bumps into her accidentally
What do you do? Here are some final words:
- If you feel "in your gut" your partner is doing something out of the ordinary, look more closely.
- Follow his pupils. The roving eye never lies. He will not notice you because be is preoccupied.
- Pretend you don't notice. The more you seem distracted the more relaxed he will be.
In no way am I endorsing these methods. I am just providing useful tips to detect the danger signs. If you are uncomfortable with his actions, discuss the issue. As I mentioned in part 1 of this blog, the flirter will mostly likely not confess when confronted. However, he is now on notice.
There are three ways this scenario can end:
- He is basically an honest man - If he lies when confronted, give him a one-time "pass." If he truly loves and respects you, he will honor your concerns. He will also do everything in his power to never disrespect you again.
- He is a habitual liar - this is nothing new, he's done this before. This is a danger sign. The writing is "on the wall" and you have been forewarned. Head for the exit!
- He is defiant - he lies when confronted and insists on flirting. There is little hope for this relationship.
In my next blog, I will cover the Hidden Art Of Flirting - Woman style! - Part 3
To your success in love,
Are You Worried She Won't Date You?
Or You Fear
You Don't Have The Confidence To Ask Her Out?
And Try Linda's Dating Package
Relationship Rescue Package